Downtown Lighting Project
This summer the City of Laramie will complete the last phase of the downtown lighting improvement project. Work began on May 13 with a scheduled completion date of October 11.
As in years past, Laramie Main Street will be coordinating with the City and contractors (Pole Mountain Electric and West Plains Engineering) to communicate any possible impacts to the business community.
Here's what you can expect:
•No planned street closures
•Works areas will be active Sunday evenings with a goal of having the work done by Thursdays of the same week
•Sidewalks, driveways and alleys in the work area will remain open
•On street parking will NOT be available in work zones
•Work will not interfere with downtown events
•New or upgraded antique light poles on the south, north and east sides of downtown
Upcoming Work Areas:
- June 16 – 21 workers will be on the east side of 3rd St. btw Custer & Sheridan
- June 24 - July 3 Pole Mt Electric is not scheduling any underground boring or closures of parking areas. Workers will be completing finishing work during this time, marking locations and making cuts in the concrete.
- July 8 - 12 workers will be on the south side of Fremont from 1st to 3rd Streets
- July 15 - 19 workers will be on the north side of Fremont btw 1st & 3rd
- July 22 - 26 workers will be on the west side of 2nd St. btw Fremont and University and the north side of University btw 2nd & 3rd Streets
- July 29 - Aug. 2 workers will be on the east side of 2nd St btw Fremont & University and along the north side of University btw 3rd & 4th Streets. Crews will be sectioning off a section of the parking lot at 4th & University for boring.
- Aug. 5 - 9 workers will be on the west side of 3rd Street btw Clark & University
- Aug. 12 - 16 workers will be on the east side of 3rd St. btw Clark & University
- Aug. 26 - 30 workers will be on the south side of Grand btw 4th & 5th St. and on both the east and west side of 5th St. btw Grand & Garfield
If you have questions about this project, please contact us at 307-760-3355.
Thank you for your flexibility and understand as these improvements are made.
26 New Businesses Have Opened Downtown Since Jan. 2012
We welcome and applaud the new businesses that have opened, and remain open, downtown and look forward to celebrating many successful anniversaries with them!
Alta Vista Center for Medicine, Ardent Photography, Big Dipper Ice Cream, Born in a Barn, Burger Extreme, CMB Tattoo, Crowbar & Grill, Debits & Credits, Eden's Health, Felicia Follum Design, Game Gauntlet, Honey Bee Photography, Inner Balance Healing Center, Laradise Nutrition, Laramie Vision Clinic, Laramie Tailoring, Library Sports Grill and Brewery, Murphy's Mountain Jeweler, Owl in the Attic, Parachute Grille, Pla's Combat Sports & Athletics, Roxie's on Grand, Silver Salon, SuZen's Garden, Sweets and the WOW Art Gallery.
You can find more information about these businesses under the "Shopping" tab.